A quick review of the bankruptcy process.
- Prepare and file the petition and schedules
- Attend the meeting with the Trustee in about 30 days.
- Provide any information requested by the Trustee.
- Surrender any property you are giving back.
- Negotiate any reaffirmation agreements.
- Attend reaffirmation hearing, if required.
- Receive discharge notice from court about 100-110 days after filing.
- Check your credit report 2-3 months after receiving your discharge.
- Dispute any incorrect items on your reports.
- Call your lawyer if you have any problems with creditors or credit
- Put the bankruptcy behind you and rebuild.